Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bunktastic.

Hi. . . . How are you? Me? Oh, I am fine. Just fine, thank you. No, please, put down that Pelican. Please. Ok, I will comprise. I will put down the cat if you put down the Pelican. Ok. Good. Good. I am sorry. Sorry. 


On that note: 

Welcome to another member of the writing team. 

Damon, international house of pancakes. Has been working for the government as a waffle. He once chocked a tiger while it was playing the violin. He also stopped world hunger. He did. I assure you. 


52:40 is where I am reading. 

Alex and I had to combat a busy bar. But It was fun to read some Shakespeare in a chauvinistic way. Personally the way Shakespeare should be read. 


This week was fun. Got to see my Dad on Monday, and I saw most of my friends when they came by to hang out at work. Then Monday Night Live @ Kadan with Alex and Jammie. Then . . . 


Then Saturday . . . 3 days earlier. I got to sneak away and go down to Old Town at 5pm. Where they were having Twainfest. I went down there with Joe and Damon, and eventually met up with our friend Chris Farrington. It was fun they had this area with a tarp set up where they had three scrolls with different story genres,  and what you had to do is continue the story that people had added. 







 


 It was fun. Lots of things went down. Brandon's shoe phone in front of the Whaley House. Mark Twain inventing Rocky Road, and Damon and I being street performers. 


Here click this: 

So I was featured on CW 6 News here in San Diego. Topic? 
Hookah. This UCSD Professor is trying to ban hookah. Why? Political Agenda. Grants. Money. Personally I could take it or leave it. But I don't want to be out of a job. Plus, hookah isn't the best thing. But it is better than Cigarettes. No Tar. No Rat poison, and one hour of hookah equals ten cigarettes. Oh, and it isn't addictive. It's familiarity. 


So you can find the interview of me at The Egyptian Tea Room, and also see Joe in the beginning segment blowing smoke out with this cheesy sound effect. Plus, they interview Chris and make him look bad. 

Pictures that inspire me:



Thank you. 

On that note: I am done here. I will say this. Poet's Corner is the 7th of next month. I am excited for that. Also, I am going hiking tonight at 7pm with my friend Alejandro. Up Colwes.

-Bunk Show Brandon. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad life has been full of positive people and experiences for you lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my mistress when she walks treads on the ground." I love that sonnet! Emmons can never get your name right, lol. Keep up the good fight kiddo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, you come off so poised and professional in that interview.

    There's been a big push to ban hookah lounges in the city of San Francisco lately. It's getting a bit of criticism back because a lot of the lounges in SF are minority-owned businesses that actually cater to SF's Middle Eastern Communities, as well as younger patrons. There's also a class element because these places are often in less affluent neighborhoods (upper Tenderlion, The Haight) in storefronts, rather than a swanky stand-alone cigar lounge in say: SOMA, The Marina, or Pac Heights.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/san-francisco-bans-hookah_n_899485.html

    http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-07-10/bay-area/29757207_1_hookah-lounges-ban-indoor-smoking-health-department

    ReplyDelete