Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm a Lumberjack and I am ok.


I love Monty Python!!! Talk about a bunch of intellectual guys. My hats are of to you Graham Chapman, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, and my favourite, Michael Palin. 

I just got back from the El Cajon Library, and rented a disc of season 2 of Monty Python, and another disc of season 3 that has "The Man Who Speaks in Anagrams." I also rented the film "A Praire Home Companion" with Meryl Streep, John C. Reilly, and Garrison himself. I also got the 30th Broadcast season celebration of his show. Then i rented Observe and Report for fun. David Tennant's version of Hamlet, and rented Tennessee William's earliest plays, Stairs to the Roof and A Fugitive Kind. I have read Stairs to the Roof before, and I will say it's not like his later works, like A Streetcar Named Desire or Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. Stairs is about a book keeper in a clothing factory who is fed up in life and is going to get canned. He has a best friend who told him not to marry the girl of his dreams, because he wants them to embark on many adventures to explore the world. And then come graduation time, his friends says that they should just settle down and find a paper pusher job. Also in this story, Ben (the main character), has a wife who be littles him the whole time. Well, he gets drunk one night and runs into a girl he calls Alice and they run amock the town and free the zoo animals and everything just turns surreal. Then my last thing I checked out is David Mamet's "Glengarry Glen Ross." Alex has told me about the film,and has mention how good the play is. So I am excited to read this piece. 



It's ok, just ignore Lindsey Lohan and everything will be ok. Over the past 2 years I have become a big Garrison Keillor fan. 






I have made 2 more new promo videos for The Bunk Show.  

Originally for this video I used the opening music from A Streetcar Named Desire by Alex North, but Youtube nor Facebook would let me upload because of copyright laws. Which I understand. I did credit the artist though. So instead youtube disabled the audio and gave me list of music to chose from. I chose Franz Liszt because next to Gerswhin, he is my favourte piano composer. 

Music by Beethoven. 

Well, I am going to go watch Monty Python,

So Cheers, 
Brandon. 

3 comments:

  1. I Love Liszt, he pretty much had rock star status back in his day. He would play a concert and tons of women would proposition him.

    Being in theater you are way up on your knowledge of plays than I am, which is awesome. Which means I can mine your brain from time to time if I need a reference or such. I'm very excited about that.

    I took a playwriting class in grad school with a man named Ben Yalom who runs Fools Fury Theater Co. up here in The City and it was really hard for me. For me it was really difficult to orchestrate action in a 3D space. I tend to think of action novelistically when I'm writing prose, and abstractly when I'm writing poetry.

    Sounds like you got a bunch of cool stuff to watch. **xoxo hugs that cause wrenching back spasms**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Franz Liszt, and i have take many history of theatre course in my day.

    ReplyDelete