Thursday, August 4, 2011

Friday Fragments: Poet's Corner.

When one gets bored in life. No this, there are always things to do or create. I would say I go back and forth with that mentality. I occasionally get stuck in the bored mindset. But then I think about it or a good friend calls me up and tells me he has some good ideas, or that there are events coming soon. Then I think anew. 






I haven't been really getting into shape like I have promised myself. But Monday night I made an effort to go hiking with my boss and friend, Harry. It was nice to go up a steep hike and find such a beautiful night sky view of San Diego. I got to see the fireworks from Seaworld and then panning over to the eastside of san diego and seeing San Migual Moutain with it's blinking high towers. For years I have been enomered by this mountain. There is something mysterious about that mountain. 




Maybe because it's near Proctor Valley. And there are many rumors about Proctor Valley. i.e. "Blue People." 



A couple of years ago. My friend Shawn told me that he had left a party out in Jamel and stopped off to relieve business out on some side rode near Proctor Valley by a large forest area. When we looked out into the bush and saw some man staring at him from inside the bushes, and apparently saw that his skin was tinted blue grinning at him. So he took off. Apparently the blue coloring comes from inbreeding. And that these backwoods people live out near that mountain. Like "The Hills Have Eyes." That's what he told me. 


But I have heard some rumors about Proctor Valley being haunted. Like the Haven Bakery which apparently had the owner years and years ago kill his whole family and kill himself. I have also found since this area is near the border it inhabits some Mexican folklore. 

Proctor Valley being haunted: http://ufofreeparanormal.com/node/53

La Llorona:


For the most part of this week I have stayed at home and been lazy lol. And of coarse worked Tuesday night and I will be going in at 11:00pm tonight. I did host Poet's Corner at The Egyptian Tea Room. 












Thank you all for coming out. And I missed Traci and Alex. Again, Happy Birthday buddy!!! And I missed Eber too. Christina, I am going to get you that transporter. Dr. Scotty is on Union Strike so yeah . . . 

Traci has been getting me to do a Friday Fragments. Thank you Mrs. 4444 for hosting. Come on link up and join us, why don't ya? 


Cheers,
Brandon


8 comments:

  1. I love it! Very entertaining and fragmented perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Like I said in the other forum, the pic of you eating your foot is dead sexy, lol :-)

    You've done a great concise job on this. I especially liked the section on local folklore. That's one of my interests. San Diego county has lots of freaky little stories that people just overlook or don't bother to research. Out where my parents live and on Palomar Mountain there's all sorts of stories about crazed hill & mountain folk, murder, mayhem, & aliens etc. I wouldn't doubt a lot of it, as I remember even as recently as the 70's growing up, how utterly remote sections of the county were.

    Great photos of the reading! I wish you much success and many more. **HUGS**

    We'll have to keep working on that transporter. You may need to buy Scotty a case of Old Crow to keep him working tho (that lazy drunk bastard) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Traci's Mixed Bag and Clownremover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny; scary and great pictures:)

    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!

    I love the idea of "Poet's Corner" and I wish I lived in a cool place that had something like that... Hmm... Maybe the little coffee shop will let me take it over one night a month??

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and why were you trying to lick your foot? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doreen: Proctor Valley is pretty chilling at night. Brandi: Come on down. Kristin - The Goat: Feet are a source of protein.

    ReplyDelete